Sunday, September 21, 2008

poisoned

***Gross out alert***

The last 5 hours have been memorable. But not in a good way. I can't remember the last time I've been in so much physical pain. Perhaps when I was hit by a truck back in '89. Although I only remember bits and pieces about that.

I'm talking about food poisoning. Not from Kari's cooking, from a buffet. I had it once when I was 7 or 8 (before the truck incident) from Halloween candy (I think. I still can't eat tootsie rolls). For three hours straight I've been writhing (yes, writhing) in constant sharp crampy pain. Until I finally made myself vomit. That helped a bit, but not enough. Still writhing. After another hour I did it again, which sent me into the most violent upheaving and barfing that I've ever experienced.

I'm still weak and very crampy, but I think the worst is over. I think I'll start looking at expiration dates. Or just stop eating buffet.

3 comments:

fentastic said...

oooo. Sorry buddy. food poisoning can be one of the worst... hope you feel better soon!

R.D. Thompson said...

it took me multiple food poisonings to stop touching buffet or even slightly questionable authentic mexican food, or really, restaurant food period.

now I'm semi vegan...it's safer that way :)

Sarah said...

Hey Joel, just read over at Robin's blog that it wasn't food poisoning and that you had your appendix taken out??? Praying for you! Praying that you recover quickly and without too much discomfort.