Monday, September 8, 2008

financial aid

Little did I know when I left my financial aid position at Emmaus to pursue counseling, that I would just wind up back in financial aid. It's funny the things you have to go through in order to appreciate what you've already had. Truth is, the two schools (Emmaus and DenSem) are stark contrasts to each other in relation to this job, but it's still a funny irony.

This job was an answer to many many prayers.....from personal finances to health insurance to school debt to the actual job duties. While the learning curve will continue to some degree or another over the next year, the job duties fit my personality well. As an introvert with decent people skills, I enjoy the balance of student interaction and data processing. Plus it's a plus working at a grad school as opposed to undergrad because there's not as much parental interaction required. Most grad students take care of their stuff on their own. It was shocking how little Emmaus students did for themselves.

Anyway, still a lot of learning to do, but it's been good so far.

Next up...a review on The Shack, by William P Young. It's been an interesting book...

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh don't get me started on that book!! I'm so glad the job worked out...sounds awesome!!

Jefferson Twillsbury said...

I look forward to your review.
I've been trying to review it myself for the past 2 months.

Lindsay said...

No!!...I understand his intent of trying to get us to recognize that we can't fully comprehend who God is...but I think we do have a great resource to go to(a.k.a. THE BIBLE!!)for attributes of God as seen with his dealings in the O.T. as well as the need for Christ to be our constant intercessor at God's right hand. I felt like he completely disregarded this and opted for a VERY humanistic version which is right in line with our culture rather than God's Word. There are plenty of other little things I had a problem with, but that's the main prob. I'm such a Debbie Downer! :)