Tuesday, September 23, 2008

poisoned, part deux

So it turns out that it wasn't the buffet that poisoned me, it was my appendix. After my last blog the pain slowly focused itself on the lower right portion of my abdomen. In the morning Kari and I decided to see my doctor, who then sent me to the ER for a cat scan. The doctor there told me it would either be appendicitis or constipation, which if was the latter it would have been both embarrassing and sweet at the same time.

But alas, it turned out that my appendix wanted out. Two hours later it became apparent that it absolutely hated me. I was scheduled for surgery at 8 pm, the soonest a surgeon was available at the time. Around 4 pm the pain started escalating and by 5 pm it made Sunday (see last blog) seem like a walk in the park. I have never experienced anything like that. After going into surgery 2 hours earlier than expected, thank the Lord, the surgeon said that the appendix was so infected that it was black and perforated meaning it was extremely infected and starting to rupture.

Thankfully I'm home already and recovering nicely....thanks in part to Percasete. Man, that is some good stuff. I am now officially a druggie.

I've been thanking you all a lot this year for your prayers. Thanks again.

6 comments:

Robin said...

So glad you got that nasty thing out of you, Yole. And thanks for letting Kari come to my bday dinner, even though you were slowly dying. That is love, brother o' mine.

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

Glad you are doing better, too!! :)

Matt W said...

Constipation? That would have been funny...

Nicole said...

wish you would've had your laptop at the ER to live blog the whole thing.

you left out so many details while you were fighting to live.

Mimi/Mom/Christy said...

Wow, sucky times for you!! I say milk it now for all it's worth...make some lemonade outa that lemon!!!

Charissa said...

yikes, Joel! I'm glad you're ok. I'm sure Kari is taking great care of you. :)