Saturday, October 25, 2008

hmmmmmmmm beer

I spontaneously decided to have some father-son time with Mason today. Justin told me he would be at the Red Bull Soapbox Derby today in Red Rocks, and that it was free admission. So I threw Mason in the car and made the 1/2 hour drive up to Morrison, CO. It turned out that everyone and their mother and their mother's 3rd cousin had the same idea. An hour later, stuck in traffic, I was looking for plan B. I had remembered that the Miller-Coors brewing factory was just another 15 min north, so we didn't waste any more time. I had a good time bonding with my 3 year old son in the land of booze.

12 comments:

The Elgard Family said...

Awesome. Kristin just told me that sounds like something I would do. You should frame the pic with Mason in front of the Coors Light sign.

Mark said...

did you get a tasting?

Guapo Papo said...

Your flexibility speaks well of your wisdom and insight. Remember the time you and I went fishing near Nogales, but the lake was packed and we quickly changed plans and went into Mexico for some reefers? Father/Son times are the best!!!

fentastic said...

and the soap box derby sucked!

Joel said...

Funny, Dad, I don't remember that father/son bonding time smoking reefers in Mexico. We must have smoked too much.

Janice said...

you didn't answer the tasting question...does Mason prefer regular or light beer?

Joel said...

Unfortunately we didn't do any tasting. Maybe next time when Mason's four.

Lindsay said...

Reefers?!? Really?!? Pastor Laos...I thought that was only legal in Amsterdam?

Guapo Papo said...

Lindsey, mexican roofers are the best at fixing leaks and if you get them those green cards they are legal in the US.

Guapo Papo said...

Ooooh, I see now. I accidently hit the e instead of the o. Whats a reefer?

Joel said...

C'mon now, if you're that familiar with Mexican roofers, you sure know about reefers. You can't fool me, I worked construction for 2 years.

Mimi/Mom/Christy said...

I thought all Construction workers wore boots not Reefers...Hmmm...
http://www.thisnext.com/tag/reefersandals/