Tuesday, December 18, 2007

review - rockabye baby!

If you haven't yet heard of the Rockabye Baby! collection, you absolutely must check it out, for it is pure genius. My favorite, of course, is the Radiohead album, but I also own the Metallica and No Doubt albums and love them all. They have many bands available, mostly popular 90's rock bands (Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, to name a few), but also offer some older popular bands (such as The Beatles, Bob Marley, and The Beach Boys).

The idea was created by someone who was tired of listening to his kids music and wanted something for both worlds. But don't let the fact that they are made for babies deter you from giving them a try. If you are a fan of a group, let's say U2, I am sure you will enjoy "Lullaby Renditions of U2," even if you don't have any kids. Maybe you're like me, where you think a certain band's music is amazing but don't necessarily like the words or the heavy metal aspect that much. This is me with Metallica. I actually like Lullaby Renditions of Metallica better than Metallica's own music. Crazy, I know, but that's why you've gotta check this out:http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com/

In the end I am enjoying my favorite band's music in a format that Mason can enjoy, all the while I am pumping creative musical genius into his little impressionable brain. It's a win-win-win situation.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Elliot and i love the lullaby metalica one you gave us! but you actually like it better for yourself than the original? you're so weird! i loooovvvvveee the vocals! (not to mention the instruments!)