Wednesday, September 5, 2007

linkin park concert


So I recently found out that a friend from church is related (thru marriage) to David the bass player for Linkin Park. Last week he offers me a VIP ticket he got from David to last Monday's concert here in Denver. Let me just say it was all I expected it to be: it freakin rocked.

The strange part was that I was listening to a lot of f-bombs standing right next to my pastor. The sweet part was that my pastor was standing right next to me during a Linkin Park concert. We got there in time to see a little bit of Taking Back Sunday, and then My Chemical Romance. MCR is one of my favorite secular bands right now, but the concert made me a bit less of a fan. Not that I should have expected much from the lead singer, but he was freakin strange and a whole bunch of scary. The music was still good. But then Linkin Park closed out the show and aside from the barrage of f-bombs, they were freaking sweet. Great show.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I am so jealous...(totally late comment by the way because I JUST found out that you even had a blog...loser). What did you expect from MCR? Have you ever seen one of their videos?