Saturday, March 14, 2009

kari

I had meant to post a couple comments about Kari on her birthday, and obviously never got to it until now. She deserves much more than I usually give, as our birthdays are 5 days apart and we tend to combine the celebration. I will work on doing better.

Perhaps the greatest praise I can give is in regards to her amazing response and growth through the trials she faced in 2008. This is not to say she did not have her moments of anger, sorrow, and depression. But the woman she has become (and is becoming) as a result of those experiences has been a pleasure to watch and experience. To see a beautiful woman, in all aspects, go through the hell she's gone through and come out the other side even more beautiful just brings joy to my soul. (I use the term "hell" within the context of this earthly life, and with recognition that pain is relative. Everyone has their own hell on earth, so to speak. Many others have experienced things much worse and much more painful, and that is their hell. The 3 miscarriages has been Kari's hell. The context of "beautiful" perhaps should also be clarified. While she certainly possesses external beauty, the beauty I speak of is in regards to her soul. At the beginning of our relationship (with the immaturity of a 19-year-old) I realize now that I was mostly enamored with Kari's external beauty. While that beauty continues to grow, it has become of less personal importance throughout our marriage. I've grown to appreciate the importance of the deeper beauty of the soul, and am now enamored more when that shines through and shows its fruit. I hope that makes sense.....perhaps I'm just digging a hole.)

So, all that to say, you are a beautiful woman, Kari. I have loved to see God reflected and shining in your soul more and more, especially as you turn another year older. Happy Birthday.

3 comments:

Mimi/Mom/Christy said...

Happy birthday to a beautiful couple...So wonderful to watch you BOTH "grow" in beauty with the years!!

Robin said...

get a room

Janice said...

What a blessing, thanks for sharing your heart. It's wonderful to see you grow deeper in your walk with God and with each other. Life is good!