Monday, August 18, 2008

tick tock

I know I've been blogging non-stop on this waiting game that God is playing with me. It's therapeutic. It does not, however, make the waiting part any easier. It is comforting to know that waiting is supposed to suck, because going through suckiness builds your character, perseverance, blah blah blah. Why can't you just inherit those things? My parents are pretty good at that perseverance stuff. Actually I'm glad you don't inherit it, because Mason would be screwed...

Thank you so much to all of you who have been praying for my job situation at the seminary. Your questions/comments/prayers have been very encouraging. I find out Wednesday or Thursday. I've gone from not-knowing-what-the-hell-I'm-going-to-do if I don't get it, to being fairly calm and confident that something else will come along if necessary. The issue is that there doesn't seem to be any other options.

I'll go back to windows if I must. Some days I actually miss that job. But it's certainly not a career for me. On the flip-side, if I do get the seminary job it's going to be a very hard first year in terms of adjusting to what the position requires (in comparison to my very limited experience in financial aid). Either way I'm looking forward to some rest. I'm learning to embrace what I'm becoming while playing the waiting game, but I won't mind getting a time-out.

My lunch break is over.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hey Joel,
I hope you get good news this week!

And I agree, waiting sucks. :)

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

i'm in the waiting game about my job too, so i can totally relate to you right now. praying that you get the news soon! :)

fentastic said...

Congrats.

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

i have been waiting to find out about full time or part time teaching -- they have been going back and forth all summer. if 2 more kindergarteners sign up, then i'll be full time... but for now i'm just part time. haha. :P its kind of crazy. can i gather from fenny's comment that you got good news?!