Thursday, March 20, 2008

West Virginia 75, Arizona 65

Tonight I went through once again what every fan goes through when their team stinks it up. I rooted hard for them for most of the game...cheering for every much-needed 3-pointer and yelling at every horrendous choke. Then when I realized it just wasn't gonna happen I started cheering for the enemy. "What a fitting end to a crappy season. I hope they lose." Seemed to make sense at the time, but I only go there to lessen the pain.

It's still fresh. "There's always next year." Lute's back next year...I expect he'll resurrect the program if he can resurrect himself first.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You and my husband are one and the same...we spend the whole rest of the night analyzing each player and what he can contribute for next season as well as all the incoming recruits...we've decided Lute isn't the long term solution though