Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Welcome

First myspace, then facebook, now this.....I just can't seem to help myself. Gotta join them all. I saw my sister-in-law Robin Elgard's blog, then stumbled over Mark Hostetler's (one of my co-workers) and was very impressed...inspired me to take the plunge.

Kari, Mason, and I have been in Denver for over a year now. We moved here from beloved Dubuque, Iowa in order to be closer to family and to attend Denver Seminary. I'm about to begin my second year in the counseling program and have loved it so far. Kari works a couple days as a dental assistant (while Mason rotates between Nana's and Auntie's houses during those days) and is working for our church in the Sunday School program. We attend Hillside Church (http://www.hillsidechurchfamily.org/) and have grown very fond of our community there. Through the church we've been priviledged to be a part of a pre-teen ministry on Sunday nights called "the edge." I have been working as a subcontractor installing windows and doors for almost a year now. It's hard manual labor, but a nice contrast from the academic world that takes up a lot of my time.

We recently started looking for a house and are hoping to purchase one in Parker (SE Denver...close to church) by January. What a nervewracking (sp?) process that is going to be. Please pray for us if you get a chance!

2 comments:

Mimi/Mom/Christy said...

I LOVE that you are doing this Joel...keeps me up on your life and how to pray...KNOW how much I love you and your precious family, I am always thinking of you all!!
xo
Aunt Christy

Janice said...

Love the blog, love the hair, love the shoes....(what movie is that from? minus the blog part, that is). I enjoy reading everything you have to say and seeing all your pictures. Thank you for sharing it with us. I love you!
Madre